Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's already JULY!

So all of you marrieds out there understand that time just seems to drone on the few months before you get married, and it did the same for us.  I think the last two months before we got married- January and February- were the LONGEST of my life!  But here we are and it's been four months and two days since we got married..... where has the time gone?????? 
Well here's the skinny- Brandon's working at Omniture in Orem, I'm going to school at the University of Utah in Salt Lake and we live in Draper.  We live in the basement of my parents home, while they're in Minneapolis and it feels like our life goes 100 million miles per hour! Seriously!  
Another interesting things about us- we're house hunting.  I wish I was keeping count of how many houses we have gone to look at, but the worst was the orange house we saw last night.  I'm not joking, this house was ORANGE.  Well, after leaving the house I told Brandon that was actually the best thing about the house.  It was horrendous.  It was a multi-level house (meaning there were all those step-ups, step-downs to get into the different rooms.)  Ok so.....  there were like 10 different "levels" in the house.  The kitchen had an almost fluorescent-colored wood floor, peach paint (and when I say peach, it was not pretty, but rather painful to look at) and just a horrible design.  Although the house had been built in 2003 I felt like I stepped back into the 1960's or 70's.  We left quickly, and surprisingly the outside, once hideous, looked charming.  There was this rancid smell that followed us into our car, and stayed for the next ten minutes.  Ah the glorious adventures of house hunting.  869572  869572_1869572_2  869572_3
ALL THIS CAN BE YOURS FOR 225,000

2 comments:

  1. This must be a magical house. From the outside I would never guess that it had 10 levels. So are you buying it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to hear about the new one! I want to go see it! Good job blogging again, I will try to follow in your footsteps!

    ReplyDelete